Carbon Monoxide : The Silent Killer
Our Chimney Sweeps at fully swept fully recommends you have a carbon monoxide detector installed, as your probably aware carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless, tasteless and is a gas which is poisonous.
It can kill with the smallest amount of warning there are many preventative measures you can try and implement.
• Make sure you service your gas appliances as recommended
• HSE recommend your chimney is swept twice a year if you use a wood or coal burning stove.
Some symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can portray many common illnesses and can be easily be mistaken with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness.
Some of the symptoms to look out for are:
Headaches, Breathlessness, Nausea, Dizziness, Collapse, Loss of consciousness, Tiredness, Drowsiness, Vomiting, Pains in the chest, Stomach pains, Erratic behaviour and Visual problems.